If you want your home to make a lasting impression and provide a warm welcome to all guests, install modern front doors.
A well-chosen front door will improve your living conditions, make the house more attractive and help increase its value in case you want to put it on the market.
To achieve maximum results and transform your housing, let’s find out which trends in the world of doors will be most relevant in 2023.
Your front door should complement the style of your home, perfectly fitting its interior and exterior.
The first thing to do when choosing such products is to decide on the material. Today, the most popular options on the market are:
Steel entry doors
Steel is one of the best materials for door manufacturing. This raw material is wear-resistant and, unlike wooden models, is not susceptible to warping and deformation – you just need to be careful not to scratch and damage your front door. Opting for steel door structures, you can be sure that they will last you more than 20 years!
Steel doors have increased reliability and durability, and good heat- and sound insulation, which allow you to significantly reduce the cost of heating or air conditioning the house.
In addition, they offer a large selection of different finishes, so you are sure to find the one that fits the design of your home.
When choosing such products, make sure that:
- Steel conforms to CAN/CGSB-82.5-M88 – standard, which is applied to insulated steel doors, pre-hung on a wooden or steel frame, and intended for outdoor use in residential buildings.
- Hot zinc G-40 was used to increase corrosion resistance.
- Urethane R: 13.1, HCFX free, was used to ensure an appropriate insulation level.
Another excellent material that makes your home look expensive and prestigious. As a rule, it is in demand among wood lovers: here you can find a variety of options of wood fibers, colors, and stains.
- Fiberglass has proven itself in harsh climates: it is less prone to wear, does not rot, rust, or deform as a result of sharp mechanical impacts (e.g., blows or attempted break-ins).
- Fiberglass is known for its excellent energy efficiency, which is achieved due to a high-density foam filler (R:15 polyurethane foam, freon-free.)
- And, thanks to the easy cleaning, door structures made of this material practically do not need care.
You’re probably wondering, which of these materials is the best from a safety point of view?
In this case, a good lock is much more important. Also, the installation of a solid composite vinyl frame instead of a wooden one will increase the safety of the structure.
Let’s move on to design and figure out what fashion trends you can implement when improving your home:
One of the brightest trends is more than 2 meters high doors. They can be made of different materials, have different textures and colors. The main thing is that such constructions visually increase the height of the ceiling and make the room more spacious and modern.
If you have a large mansion, you can make it even more elegant and spacious by installing extra-wide door systems. Your guests will feel as if they are in a modern palace!
In addition to the visual effect, such models are more functional: it will be easier to bring in the furniture or to help people with disabilities get into the house.
These products have been popular for several seasons in a row, and are not going to give up their positions in 2023.
For example, you can choose sliding solid glass structures or fiberglass models with glass inserts. This is one of the most elegant architectural solutions, which perfectly saves space and at the same time allows you to visually increase it.
Rotary door systems
Another fashionable trend that is perfect for small areas. You can save space and use it as efficiently as possible.
Now let’s talk about styles.
- If your home is old-school styled, think about replacing the door according to the general look of your home. In this case, the most fashionable option is the one that «strengthens» the visual effect. For example, wood-like doors with an arched entrance opening.
- Do you own a country cottage, decorated in a traditional rustic style? Then the optimal solution is simple geometric constructions with a diamond window. They can be painted in neutral pastel shades.
- Do you live in a modern city house? Then you need not have a traditional door. You can choose more modern conceptual models, experiment with bright colors and various materials.
- Is your apartment Victorian-styled? This is one of the popular varieties of historic houses, where the most logical option is the installation of four-panel door structures with massive molding and chrome fittings.
- Do you prefer minimalism? Then you can try a simple and, at the same time, spectacular solution – doors with glass (or mirror) inserts. This will greatly improve the aesthetics of your property.
After all, you can order a customized design that will take into account all your wishes on the material, finish, size, and shape of your door systems.
Modern Front Door Colors to Watch Out for in 2023
The right color of modern front doors can help greatly improve the appearance of your home, as well as have a positive impact on your mood.
Traditionally, all doors come in white. If this is not your case, we tell you what to look for when choosing the right shade:
- If your home is decorated in a historical style (Victorian, Art Deco, etc.), explore the color palette of that era.
- Look closely at your exterior. What color is the fence painted? What does your porch look like? What color is the brick? Make sure that your chosen color is in harmony with the other shades.
- Play on the contrasts. This way you can make your front door the main accent of the whole home. When choosing the right color, do not forget that it may affect the cost of the house. Of course, if you want to put a house on sale, you can not know the preferences of its future owners. In this case, we recommend choosing neutral shades – they are liked by everyone.
- Consider the fashion trends. In the 2023 season, the most popular colors are soft pink (it makes a house look more soft and cozy), dark blue or Oxford blue (associated with comfort and tranquility), as well as Prussian green (ideal for Victorian-style homes).
Whatever you choose, the success of your repair largely depends on where you order modern front doors.
Not to spend much time searching for a reliable contractor, we recommend using the services of the popular company Vinyl Light Windows & Doors.
This brand offers an excellent selection of door designs made of the best materials according to all current quality standards.
Here you can choose any desired style, size, fittings, color, and decor so that the new entrance doors will be the main decoration of the entire house!